Location: WFH Flexible (currently remote due to COVID-19; office located in Norristown, PA)
About the Company:
Miria Systems is a Software & Professional Services company providing accounts payable and payment automation solutions. Our employees are an integral part of building the organization from the ground up, and each person makes a significant impact in the growth and maturation of the company. Miria is a fast-paced, fun, and rewarding organization that believes in an open culture and rewards initiative.
About the Position:
The Controller is responsible for all accounting, accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, human resources, audit, tax, and office management. This is currently a one-person department requiring hands-on performance of these tasks. Reports to CFO.
- Perform month end close including account analysis and financial reporting. General ledger maintenance and journal entries.
- Preparing customer invoices for both SaaS and professional service billings. Payment posting and A/R collections.
- Inputting account payable invoices & expense reports. Making payments to vendors.
- Bank reconciliations and cash management.
- Payroll processing and calculating sales commissions and payroll allocations.
- All Human Resource functions including personnel administration, benefit management, employee on-boarding and 401k administration.
- Sales tax returns, audit preparation and income tax compliance.
- Forecast and budget preparation. Special projects.
- Maintain and manage company policies and procedures.
- Office management including supplies & administration.
A Plus to Have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Minimum 5-10 years’ experience in accounting/finance.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a Controller of a fast paced company, performing the above job responsibilities.
- Experience within a technology and/or professional services business.
- Experience with SaaS, ASC606 revenue recognition & deferred revenue.
- Recent experience with QuickBooks.
- High energy, well organized, self-motivated and a strong work ethic.
- Experience with Salesforce.com
- Public accounting experience.
- CPA license is preferred but not required.