ActiveWorx, Inc. is looking for an experienced Administrator and Cloud Support Engineer. This person will be working closely with the Support and Development team on the architecture and configuration of our AWS hosted infrastructure. You will be responsible to ensure the environment is built, deployed, configured, managed, and monitored correctly to support the business. You will drive decisions on right sizing of servers and storage, troubleshooting performance issues, ensuring the highest level of reliability for the platform, and tuning the environment for maximum scalability, cost efficiency, and security.
Tasks in a typical work week will consist of both proactive and reactive assignments. Proactive responsibilities would include daily reviews of the health of our multiple client platforms. This involves using monitors to validate uptime, system performance, space concerns, interface processing, database performance, CPU utilization and capacity management. As a member of the Support Team, reactive assignments and responsibilities would include the investigation and resolution of infrastructure issues ranging from FTP errors, CPU alerts, system slowness and/or response time issues which could require index or server optimization, tuning, etc. This position will also at times, work with our Customer Delivery Team when implementing new customers requiring expanding our cloud infrastructure.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Assist with the design and architecture of hosted customer environments.
- Administer the state of all components in our cloud and development infrastructure.
- Periodically report to the customer and company on system performance metrics.
- Identify and escalate areas of concern or improvement for ActiveWorx services.
- Administer overall site availability, security, latency, and system health.
- Monitor and troubleshoot site performance issues.
- Monitor for server and software vulnerabilities and administer upgrade and patching efforts.
- Work closely with the development team to ensure high availability and security.
- Maintain cloud-based servers including patching vulnerabilities, backup/restore operations, provisioning of new servers, and configuring firewalls.
- Perform routine vulnerability and security scans on the environment, resolve or escalate findings.
- Administer Disaster Recovery Procedures and perform annual DR exercise.
- Maintain DNS and manage SSL certificates.
- Administer SSO and Active Directory
- Administer mail and FTP solutions.
- Respond to alarms and outages on an as-needed basis.
- Participate in the configuration and operation of deployment tools (CI/CD)
- Seek and maintain AWS Cloud Certifications.
- Seek and maintain Windows Certifications.
- Seek and maintain security and compliance certifications.
- Continually improve the monitoring of environments determining alert strategies and tuning them in production.
- Performs other duties or special projects as assigned.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- 2 to 5 years as a system administrator supporting enterprise computing platforms and systems
- 2+ years running cloud-based production systems with a preference for AWS Windows systems
- Excellent communication skills and problem-solving abilities
- Understanding of networking and security protocols
- Experience with Microsoft Server Operating Systems
- Experience with Active Directory
- Well-developed interpersonal and organizational skills; detail-oriented, highly motivated and self-starter skills
- Ability to work on multiple tasks and/or projects.
Preferred Skills, but not Required for Hire:
- Certified AWS SysOps Administrator
- Experience working with Microsoft SQL Server or similar databases
- Experience with WebSphere
- Experience with IIS
- Experience with CI/CD platforms such as Jenkins
- Experience with security scanning tools such as Qualys a plus
- Experience with Microsoft PowerBI Gateway Publishing Server a plus