Position: Jr. Systems Specialist or Intern
Miria Systems, Inc. is a provider of Enterprise Content Management (ECM) solutions and Energy / Environmental Management applications in the cloud. Since 1996, Miria Systems has been providing Enterprise Content Management (ECM) solutions and Energy/Utilities domain expertise to some of the most complex and important businesses throughout the country. The company is well known in ECM circles and has historically been seen as a regional success story, having been recognized as one of the Philadelphia 100 Fastest Growing Private Companies and Eastern Pennsylvania’s Fastest Growing Technology Companies in Deloitte’s “Fast 50” program. The management and technical teams employ a culture of success and are poised to continue the trend.
Miria Systems has garnered strong partnerships with IBM Corporation—as a Software ValueNet Partner, Solution Provider, and Support Partner—and McClaren Software, a global leader in Business Process Solutions for Engineering. Impressively, all of Miria’s employees hold multiple, advanced technology certifications–putting them in the upper echelon of IBM Partners and ECM providers.
The Jr. Systems Specialist will work with the Miria delivery team to install, configure and maintain IBM FileNet, Datacap and other ECM architected solutions for our clients. The Jr. Systems Specialist will be involved with all aspects of ECM deployments, including implementation, configuration, administration and support.
· Provide technical product expertise to customer and internal team
· Install, configure and maintain IBM FileNet and other ECM software
· Perform system administration & maintenance procedures on customer systems
· Investigating & troubleshooting customer ECM systems to resolve functional, operational, or performance issues.
· Provide technical hands-on assistance to the team members on projects
· Provide support to delivery team throughout the project cycle to ensure the proper technical architectural design utilizing Miria standards, procedures and methodologies
· Mentor clients in the administrative and operational components of ECM solutions
· Research and evaluate alternative technical solutions and recommend the most efficient and cost effective solution
· Provide support to executive management in the cultivation and architecting of new offerings
· Bachelor’s degree from a four year college or university
· 1 to 2 years technical experience working experience with a minimum of 3 years experience installing, configuring, administering and maintaining ECM systems
· An understanding of, or experience with various application servers (WebSphere, WebLogic, and/or JBoss)
· An understanding of, or experience with various database serves (Access, Oracle, SQL, and/or DB2)
· An understanding of, experience with various operating systems and server technologies
· Ability to understand business requirements, articulate process and technical requirements
· Strong customer facing and communication skills
· Assist in support of customer base to resolve technical and user support issues
Why Work at Miria?
We are an organization built on the three basic values of respect, trust, and quality, Miria Systems offers a unique, cooperative environment where everyone works together to create products and services that continually impress our customers and keep them coming back time after time.
Our employees are not only an integral part of building the organization from the ground up, but each person makes a significant impact in the growth and maturation of the company.
Miria Systems is a fast-paced, fun, and rewarding organization and each person is presented with the opportunity to excel at what they do best and be a real asset to the team and our clients. Our employees are hardworking, dedicated, creative, self-motivated, and proactive problem solvers. Miria Systems believes in an open culture and rewards initiative and independence.
Miria Systems is headquartered in Norristown, Pennsylvania.